Retail Merchandising Strategies for Spring
Spring is officially here, and that means that a spring cleanout – or rather, spring change-out – is likely in your future. It is always a good idea to change things up in-store, giving customers a fresh look at old favourites or highlighting the newest products you have to offer. That being said, sometimes it can be difficult, with everything else on your plate, to find that much-needed inspiration. So, to help, we’ve got some great retail merchandising strategies and ideas to help you get started!
Here are a few quick retail merchandising themes to get the party started:
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. These two holidays are popular for gifts – and sometimes those shopping need all the help they can get when it comes to ideas. Presenting eye-catching and thought-provoking displays may just increase sales on products that fit this category.
- For your spring change-out, think spring cleaning. Give customers all they need when it comes to spring cleaning. Think outside the box with items that they may have forgotten about but that will make their way into shopping carts when the suggestion is made.
- Sports, sports, sports. The springtime is a perfect time to highlight those sporting goods that will hopefully be flying off the shelves over the next few weeks.
- Get with the ‘green’. Earth day is April 22nd, and even if you don’t hit that one in particular, a ‘green’ display will be in keeping with current consumer trends – no matter the product.
- Camping season is coming. You may not see many people heading out to camp just yet, but getting ready for camping season may just get people thinking about what is to come.
- BBQ ready. Get those products together and get people thinking BBQ! Whether you sell burgers and buns, the barbeques themselves, or patio furniture necessary for the perfect BBQ get-togethers, put the season to use.
Great, you’ve chosen your theme – now get a strategy in place to get it started. This may mean planograms (moving old or setting up new) or extra people support to ensure no customers are negatively impacted by set-up or tear-down. You never want to have a mess that customers need to navigate – this can seriously impact customer service and can lead them to your competitor – the exact opposite of what that display is meant to achieve!
Want to make sure all avenues are covered? Storesupport can help you get those retail merchandising plans going without a hitch! Contact us today at 1-877-421-5081.« Back to Blog