CPG Trends for 2018
Happy New Year everyone! We’ve officially entered 2018 and that means it is time to do our annual new year review of Retail trends and predictions for what to expect in the coming months. Use this knowledge to influence your own strategies and bask in the glow of boosted sales.
Here are some of things that are going to be big in retail in 2018!
- Your customers want more, and that means more options for buying. Mobile shops, pop-up shops, even increased online accessibility are going to be on the menu this year. If you have the ability to cater to these wants, or are already employing them, you already have a leg up. If you don’t, perhaps consider a way to make them a reality.
- Digital on the floor. Digital is everywhere, so make it part of your overall merchandising strategy for 2018. Here we are talking about digital displays, digital signage, and technology that customers can interact with. This has the added bonus of encouraging customers to spend more time in-store, which directly impacts sales.
- Even more convenience. This seems to be a trend each and every year, but as the technology advancements and new approaches become expected, you have to up the ante even more. Self-check-outs, mobile apps, digital-interactive displays, really anything that makes the shopping experience easier is great – just make sure that it doesn’t mean they are not also able to get great service.
- Digital marketing. Although this is a relatively accepted practice, it will continue to grow this year. If you’re not already taking advantage of the benefits, don’t wait any longer. Engage with your customers, implement a system for social listening, and market to your customers online in a valuable and insightful way.
- People want to feel as if the shopping experience is catered to them, and them specifically. They don’t want to feel like just another shopper. Find ways to make the shopping experience more personal. Focus on how to leverage the various delivery channels to give customers the right messages at the right times to generate the best results.
- Invest in your employees. What happens inside your organization is just as important as what’s going on in full view of the customer. Take a look at the various ways you can help boost the knowledge of your own employees. What training is available to make them better able to do their jobs? Discover all the ways you can make them more efficient and effective.
Make 2018 your year! Take these trends to the bank and get a retail merchandising strategy in place that makes it easy.
Storesupport is here to help. Find out more by calling 1-877-421-5081.« Back to Blog